Student loan debt is a true crisis in this country, with over a trillion dollars owed and nearly an entire generation affected by the exorbitant cost of education. While the crisis disproportionately affects minorities, it also continues to grow and become a problem for all young adults and their families. In an economy that nearly demands one have a college degree in order to live a comfortable financial life, many find themselves drowning in student loan debt for years into adulthood. Many put off families and mortgages until they are finished paying these loans, hindering both their ability to begin their next journey in life as well as invest in innovation or active contribution to our society.
For others, student loans force them to take underpaid jobs right out of college in order to start making the payments. If they default on their loans it seriously damages their credit, thereby damaging their chances at a mortgage and stable financial life.
We believe that the rise in the cost of education is abusive, that it needs to be regulated, and that a portion of student loans and capitalized interest should be forgiven. Education has risen nearly 400% in the last few decades, with no connection to the inflation rate in the country. It’s time we take control of the outcome and demand a solution from our elected officials, educational institutions, and state-run programs.
There are a variety of reasons why you may have defaulted on your loans. Any life event good or bad can lead to financial instability—that’s just a part of life. The good news is that there is likely a solution to every problem, and our student loan relief programs are a way we can help. Working with us means stopping the harassing collection calls and getting back on your feet.
What are My Options?
The key to climbing your way out of debt through student loan relief is to be aware of each of your options. For example, did you know that you can be behind on a federal loan for 270 days before it is considered in default?
Many of us are accustomed to the traditional 60-90 day limit for payments before going into default. But with federal student loans the timing is much longer. While we encourage you to act immediately upon your inability to make a payment, please do not think that after default there are no options.
Services that we offer for student loan relief are:
- Student Loan Consultation: Through a consultation call, we can review your current dilemma and walk you through the steps necessary to get back on track.
- Income Driven Repayment Plan Processing (IDR): Are your loan payments too high? These plans can cap your monthly payment amount based on your income and can also extend the life of the loan to give you more time to pay.
- Consolidation Processing: If you’d like to consolidate some of your loans, we can assist. This will provide more organization as you will only have one payment rather than many.
- Rehabilitation of Defaulted Loan: If your loan is in default and you’re unable to make the past-due payments, loan rehabilitation could be an option. Through this plan, a new payment amount and schedule can be agreed upon based on your income.
- Annual IDR Recertification: An income drive repayment plan (IDR) is a great resource to get back on track, but these plans aren’t set it and forget it. Each year, you must reapply for recertification and we can take care of that for you.
- Private Student Loan Negotiation: Not all loans are federally-owned. Private companies have different terms and those can be negotiated as well.
Is Your Student Loan Relief Situation Unique?
Regardless of your situation, know that there is a student loan relief plan for you. The services listed above are some of our most common, but that doesn’t mean you’re limited if what you need falls outside of those listed.
Our service list continues with:
- Total and permanent Disability Discharge
- Closed School Discharge
- Ability to Benefit Discharge
- Disqualifying Status Discharge
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Application
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program Certification
- Teach Loan Forgiveness Application
- Military Deferment and Forbearance
- Incorrect student loan amounts and reporting
- Defense of Private Student loan cases
Don’t let your student loans eat away at you for one more day. Don’t let your credit score suffer any longer and get rid of those harassing phone calls. Reach out to us today to find out which path is best for you and your current situation.
Student Loan Law Pricing & Services
Student loan Consultation: $250.00
Income Driven Repayment Plan Processing (IDR): $500.00
Consolidation processing: $1000.00
Rehabilitation of defaulted loan: $1500.00
Annual IDR Recertification: $250.00
Private Student Loan negotiation: Starting at $750.00* requires consultation
Total and permanent Disability Discharge
Closed School Discharge
Ability to Benefit Discharge
Disqualifying Status Discharge
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Application
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program Certification
Teacher Loan Forgiveness Application
Military Deferment and Forbearance
Incorrect student loan amounts and reporting
Defense of Private Student loan cases